Wed Feb 27th Boat Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol umm posted some photos more to come

Hey everybody,
I want to add my compliments to Rick-- and Theresa for the grub!-- and the rest of the Crabs. I had a heckuva good time. As Rex said I had some equipment issues/challenges in trying to pry those wily critters out of the rocks-- but it was great having some buddies help me out. Although when I was holding a bug and my weight belt & Rich took my weight belt I thought I was in trouble!-- Thanks Rich for holding the bug whilst I got situated! Also thanks for scaring that bug out of the front of his hole so I could grab him out back! Hey Rick, I left my "Flight of the Conchords" t-shirt on the boat-- anyway I can get it back (it's my fav)? Thanks again everyone & look forward to the last 3 weeks of lobster diving!
-Tom

Hey everyone,

What were the two locations called? I'm updating my dive log and once again have nothing better than Anacapa as my location.

Thanks

The first dive was at "Cat Rock"-- although I didn't see anything feline about the rock outcroping! I don't know about the 2nd & 3rd dives. I'm sure even though we were just south of Cat Rock that it has it's own name....

i dont knowthe second name i think ill call it pinicals south of cat rock :rofl3:

.......... Hey Rick, I left my "Flight of the Conchords" t-shirt on the boat-- anyway I can get it back (it's my fav)? ..............
-Tom

I'll go over there and get it for you.

Hey everyone,

What were the two locations called? I'm updating my dive log and once again have nothing better than Anacapa as my location.

Thanks

Tom had it right, Cat Rock 1st, then 2nd and 3rd East Anacapa's West End. I looked that up on a map:rofl3:

Rick

The first dive we called Cat Rock,
but more technically is "3 Parallel Reefs" just a little further
off Cat Rock Proper.

The second site I have yet to find a name for.
but is located off the South West corner of Middle Anacapa.
I loved that spot.
The top of the rock is at ~40' and the bottom at ~70'
and so much to see!
I had so much fun!

Thanks to all for good conversation,
great dives, and lots of laughs.

(and for future reference the Sunfish usually has 1 or 2 tanks and extra weight
in case anyone needs it. though of course always better to bring your own!)

Tom had it right, Cat Rock 1st, then 2nd and 3rd East Anacapa's West End. I looked that up on a map:rofl3:

I looked on a map I have and it's called Bailey's Rock...

Appropriate since there's Cat Rock nearby.

Yay! I love it!!!

this minute, Bailey is napping on
The Travel Book: A Journey through Every Country in the World

Dreaming about her next vacation maybe?
Napping and Pillaging?
bailey.JPG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom