web sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
The SB Classic No Sidebar theme doesn't have a left panel with ads.. but I was under the impression he meant *his* words were turning into links... (emphasis added by Don)

The ads you see are from Google and are context sensitive... in a thread about knives you'll probably see ads about knives.
He was! Since he is not logged on at the moment, let me offer this from a PM he sent me this morning: "when you read my post some of the words are underlined and when you click on them, then the web site comes up advertizing to sell something. Those are hijack links, are they not...?

From his later PM, he gave me this link to this thead: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=1278062#post1278062 As you will see, there are no links there, except on his seemingly infected computer.

jonnythan:
The SB Classic No Sidebar theme doesn't have a left panel with ads.. but I was under the impression he meant *his* words were turning into links...

The ads you see are from Google and are context sensitive... in a thread about knives you'll probably see ads about knives.

Jonnythan (with no 2nd H)

you are correct, the ads I was reffering to are the left sidebar/frame and had "google ads" above it.....

BTW.... I don't mind the google ads on here. As long as they don't start pop-up ads ever...

mike_s:
Jonnythan (with no 2nd H)

you are correct, the ads I was reffering to are the left sidebar/frame and had "google ads" above it.....

BTW.... I don't mind the google ads on here. As long as they don't start pop-up ads ever...

We have never and will never use popup ads, period.

As far as words turning into links, that is a type of spyware or possibly an auto-link setting from your toolbar (Yahoo and Google toolbars can both do this, if you turn it on). Check your computer's settings.

thank you everyone with your suggestions.
it seems my putor got infected with some infectious disease.
i installed webroot spy sweeper.
it's all gone now.
thank you
thank you
thank you
for all y'alls help.

smokey braden:
thank you everyone with your suggestions.
it seems my putor got infected with some infectious disease.
i installed webroot spy sweeper.
it's all gone now.
thank you
thank you
thank you
for all y'alls help.
Webroot is a good one. I bought it last year before I discovered Microsofts free one and now run both until the subscription runs out. I like the free Microsoft one better, personally, so if you're still on the free intro for Webroot - there's an idea.

Or if you've bought it, you might do like I did and add the free one too.

Most importantly, I'm glad we helped you find the problem and the solution. Hehe, I was right. Not bad for a cowboy who didn't know how to cut and paste when he jined SB. :dork:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom