Web Master needed...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
your club needs a webmaster to take care of your upcoming web page. Please decide and PM me with the name(s) that will be handling this. Please see Server Update for more info.

Here is a reply from NetDoc, that was posted on another board answering the what is required of the webmaster question?

.Depending on your level of expertise we will open up the club web page to you. The webmaster(s) will be responsible for content (photo galleries, calendar, news, etc) for their club. Two would be ideal, but more can be accomodated.

Anyone fancy it or have any nominations?

I think that it would be quite time consuming so two or three people doing it would be better than just one, we would also have a broader outlook and a variety of diving experience, rather than just one persons views and styles of writing.

I thought that Jonathan was the UK boards moderator / regulator, so he seems an obvious choice if he's up for it

TBH, I don't think the UK area needs much admin for the no of posts that it gets.

Where are all the pic/news/calendar fillers to come from?

Adrian

we want the individual clubs to come up with WHO is going to be their webmasters. IOW, you have to vote on this as we will not do this by "decree". After that, it's up to each club how they utilize their space.

There will be a semi-private forum for the Webmasters to meet, discuss issues and ask questions.

Commercial entities should note that this is not to be used to further your business plans.

Adrian Kelland once bubbled...
TBH, I don't think the UK area needs much admin for the no of posts that it gets.

Adrian

That's Adrian nominated then :) ...... next ?

the_dumper once bubbled...

That's Adrian nominated then :) ...... next ?

Oh arse :D , me and my big mouth. Well I have as much time until I get a job. I seem to be in front of a keyboard all day. Though a spend much more time at Yorkshire Divers.

On a serious note, while Scubaboard is useful, and I look at the Instructor bit every now and then, (after convincing them about my BSAC instructor grade, I bloody well should), I do think the YD site does seem to be more relevant to my diving. I don't know why, I am not citing a US bias here, because I don't think there really is one. The board seems to have the same kind of cold water/ warm water split that also exists in the UK. Maybe we have more chance of converting them to cold water here though.

Maybe it is because there are'nt many UK posters here - no real sense of community.

Adrian

I'm a net admin/designer full time, i also admin about 20 or so websites, so im happy to do the deed if no one is interested, but if there are others interested then im sure we can sort something out :)

Adrian Kelland:
Looks like you get the job Phoenix, not that there will be much to do methinks.

Adrian
I'll second that as no one else seems to be coming forward, if anyone else is interested then post a reply in the next couple of days, otherwise I guess we PM netdoc with Phoenix's name. Good luck mate, although I reckon as Adrian has said there won't be much to do.
But then on the other hand that's down to the UK based SB divers, it's our "club", it's what we make it.

I'll third it,

I know what Adrian means about YD, but who knows in a few months time there could be another 50 UK divers on the board. (So Adrian you'll just have to come back and poach :))

Cheers

Conor

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom