Wear my wetsuit under my "drysuit"??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddowling

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone tried this before?

I have a Bare CD4 Pro and would like to wear my 3 mill underneath.

Don't want to spend money on underwear.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers,
David

CD4 is a neoprene,I used to just wear a sweater and jeans under my neoprene.
Diving trilam now,a 3 mm is fine in the pool,wouldn't want to do it in COLD water.

I am with 300bar. I use a CD4 and have been diving in 38 degree water with jeans and a t-shirt (although I am pretty tolerant to cool climates). Think jeans and a sweatshirt would be fine. Recommend heavy socks and dry gloves.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers,
David

Might be a tad restrictive and there could be some issue with the wrist seals if the 3mil is in the way. Aside from that, I don't think it would be very comfortable. Good DS unders breathe, neoprene does not. I think you will sweat your ass off, but do let us know how it goes.

I went to a sporting good store and purchased some quality hunting underwear for 1/4 of the cost of dry suit underwear. I had to take them back because I was too hot in 58 degree water.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Cheers,
David

Note that the wetsuit will compress at depth, even while it's inside the drysuit. Just so long as you're OK with the idea of the increased buoyancy swing and decreased thermal capacity at depth.

Note that the wetsuit will compress at depth, even while it's inside the drysuit. Just so long as you're OK with the idea of the increased buoyancy swing and decreased thermal capacity at depth.

In other words. Its a dumb idea.

I went to a sporting good store and purchased some quality hunting underwear for 1/4 of the cost of dry suit underwear. I had to take them back because I was too hot in 58 degree water.

Took them back after being worn???....good heavens.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom