We have something to share

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All the information about on or off gassing and status is great, as is the display. I would definitely have bought this when I re-started my diving.

On Helitrox, a bit of He is rare on generic dive boats, even if they are dropping people in 100’ waters, as is the class to use it, so maybe that is why. For me, I would be tempted if they had He, even without AI. AI is nice, but clear headed sounds nicer.

Hmm. I got my current computer, a triple gas AI which shows limited information, intending it might be the gauge backup to a future tech computer. This is not a bad upgrade of that idea against a future Perdix + two sidemount transmitters. Of which the Peregrine is about the cost of one of those transmitters. All just to play in the above 150’ range. Except for that code for helium.

I still predict these selling about as well as lead ankle weights on a sinking ship. Like you said choices are nice, and I'll take my money and go see the gentleman selling life jackets.
The number of Rec divers outstrips the number of tec divers by so, so much. Nothing in its price range competes with it. I’m guessing the complete opposite, and within a few months the peregrine will be their top seller.

The number of Rec divers outstrips the number of tec divers by so, so much. Nothing in its price range competes with it. I’m guessing the complete opposite, and within a few months the peregrine will be their top seller.

Right, and I don't know a single rec diver that would spend the premium Shearwater is asking for this product without AI. They are over priced for the intro computer market, and under featured for the premium recreational computer market.

Up the cost by $100 and include AI, and it'll decimate.

Right, and I don't know a single rec diver that would spend the premium Shearwater is asking for this product without AI. They are over priced for the intro computer market, and under featured for the premium recreational computer market.

Up the cost by $100 and include AI, and it'll decimate.

You mean $450. You need to buy a transceiver too. You just doubled the price for what a simple brass/glass SPG can do for you.

This will sell. And it will sell well.

You mean $450. You need to buy a transceiver too. You just doubled the price for what a simple brass/glass SPG can do for you.

This will sell. And it will sell well.

I don't think it will, the AI version launched in 9-10 months will sell like hot cakes. Either way I hope it sells like crazy, I hope it sets all sort of sales record. I hope it's the Porsche Cayenne of diving. Something that people buy in droves solely for its name and prestige of the brand that sells like mad and is their cash cow for their more serious endeavors.

Many of us already have compatible transceivers, add $100 to the price with AI and many of us will buy one. As long as it is compatible with at least 2 transmitters at once, 3 would be better, I would buy one.

DGX: "Hello, this is Dive Gear Express. We'd like to order a pallet of Peregrines."

SRI: "No Peregrines for you!!!! Call back in two weeks!"

OR, it could just be, "psssh, can't even do helium, doesn't even have tec mode, we don't want these to begin with. We sell actual tech gear, not tech wannabe gear" :rofl3:

You're using logic about the cost of AI.

Lots of people really want it - I don't use the AI on my Perdix since I also run an Eons Steel and have transmitters for that. If I were looking for a SW product now, I still wouldn't buy the Peregrine since it doesn't have the option for me to add AI later (if I want it)

This segment is quite competitive - and the pricing outside the US is very different. If someone want a colour screen then I can easily focus them on a Eon, D5, Ratio or AL. All have colour screens and AI. If they really want a SW, then the price jump isn't that huge to a Perdix AI.

So nice as it is, its not really at this moment a standout killer product, sure it'll appeal to those wanting to get into the brand or those already with a SW that want a cheaper backup. But for the vast majority of divers - its more of a miss than a hit. Sorry

This looks like a really nice device. It is also really nice they are making the UI improvements available to Perdix customers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom