WDW Epcot Living Seas DiveQuest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Woohoo! I'm doing it next Thursday. The wife and son and I are spending the week there next week, and she agreed to let me do it (like she had veto power, yeah right :wink: )

It was as wonderful as I could have expected. I cannot expand on the trip report given. He did an excellent job of covering it all. It was absolutely fantastic.

About a month ago, we had a guy from our LDS Dive Club tell us that he teaches scuba at the university and works as a diver out at Disney. He told us that if we were interested in doing the DiveQuest, we should wait til they've added the new sharks. I don't recall exactly what he said at the time, but the impression it left on me was that they were going to be adding 5 new sharks this summer (bigger, interesting sharks like the sand tiger).

I'm trying to get a hold of that guy's contact info so I can follow-up on that.
As soon as the new sharks are in, my wife & I will be going there.
(we're actually doing Marineland's aquarium on the 11th too - guess we're burned out on driving 6 hours round-trip just to get nauseas & feel miserable on a boat)

Has anyone else heard anything about this?
Know anyone who works there?

*oh, and in case you all don't already know this - you can dive in Sea World's shark tank and the shark tank at the Florida Aquarium in Tampa. Though, in the Sea World dive, I understand you're actually just lowered into a cage which is then dragged across the tank. And, at the Florida Aquarium, you're directed to settle down onto the bottom (13') and you get to spend the 30min dive watching the sharks circle around you. Apparently, at the Fla Aquarium tank, there are about 13 sharks of various species including sand tigers, and they seem to be of pretty decent size in the pictures I've seen.

FLL Diver:
I would recommend this dive to anyone going to WDW. It's fun to be part of Disney, even if for only a short time, and the life in the tank rivals anything that you'd find in the Caribbean. :thumb: :thumb:

Great dive report! I am planning this dive on July 6th. Since seeing your report, I changed my dive from the earlier one to the later one to max. my bottom time.

I can't wait to do this dive!

Thanks again!

We're scheduled for the late DiveQuest dive this Friday 7/2/04;
From there to the Sat race in Daytona, and then down to
Key Largo.

Looking at houses in Cape Coral later in the week

Thank you for this review! I know that, through SSI you get a discount on the DiveQuest, and Annual Passholders get to dive for about $120. Every little bit, ya know.

We're trying to book our next vacation up to disney so that we can do this! Now all I have to wait for is my certification card, which should be here in two weeks! *crosses fingers*

If I can time it correctly, my friend will be there with her family and can take pictures of us :)

Pandie:
Thank you for this review! I know that, through SSI you get a discount on the DiveQuest, and Annual Passholders get to dive for about $120. Every little bit, ya know.
QUOTE]

When I signed up, I mentioned PADI and I saved about $20 off the $140 price right away. $20 bucks in WDW? Wow, now I can buy a coke and fries.

This sounds awsome!!! Could somebody possibly post a link to the site on disney? I would like to look into it further! Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom