WBP 7-23-05 report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylepreid

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Heather, matt, and I went out to WBP today at 4:00. We had a good dive of 70 minuites, with temp in the 80's. We ended up diving a new spot out there, and we called it the "get away from everyone else cove" since the other coves were infested with swimmers. It is the cove to the left just as you pull into the park right before you get to the checkin station. Viz was 2-8', and 8' is being generous. Viz was kinda backwards today, the deeper we went, the less viz we had, so we stayed above the thermocline and dove at about 15' the majority of the dive. We entered on the side where you park, and dove over to the rock wall on the other side. There we saw alot of juvinile fish, with a few big ones. The biggest one I saw was about a 2-3 pound bass. Other than that there wasn't much to see in that cove, but it gives us a place to go if the other coves are packed up with people. Good place to go and pratice some skills.

Kyle

It was a good dive. I got to work on lots of skills. It was nice and warm too, which is always a bonus. Viz could have definately been better, but we received some reports that the viz was less than 2' in the regular cove off the back of WBP. I also noticed the fish would come right up to your mask in the lower viz. I guess they are less intimated when you are in poor viz with them.

I will be heading out to Lanier in the later part of the week/next weekend to start working on tweaking out my doubles configuration if anybody is interested in joining me.

Matt

Great to hear you guys & gal got a dive in this weekend. Jesse and I dove Jouliette (still not sure on the spelling). We had about 10' to 15' Vis. Saw some fish. Worked on our navigation skills pretty much the whole dive. Temp. at surface was 91F. We stayed down for 43 min at about 15'. There was a noticeable thermocline at 17' and since I was wearing my Xcel 1.5mm we decided to stay above the thermocline in the "hot" water.

Juliette is definately a different lake. Remember all the water vegitation growing at ABWA? well that is kinda what the lake is like. Funny, we would be cruzing right along with grass stalks under us and some stalks grew strait up tword the surface from 10'. Like you were swimming in a jungle. Really neat.

The sun was out and I could see our dive flag floating on the surface from 14' below. It wasn't crystal clear but you could see it. I think it helped that the sun was out very bright yesterday too.

Kyle PM me about this weekend when you get a better idea on either Sat. or Sunday.

Jeremy

Sounds like a great dive Jeremy. Next time you are heading out that way let me know and hopefully I could come down and join ya'll.

Matt

Corigan:
I will be heading out to Lanier in the later part of the week/next weekend to start working on tweaking out my doubles configuration if anybody is interested in joining me.

Matt
I may be up for a dive some time Saturday. I want to get some buoyancy practice in before my trip to Panama City Beach in a couple of weeks. I also need to check out my new gear.

Brian

m7scuba:
I may be up for a dive some time Saturday. I want to get some buoyancy practice in before my trip to Panama City Beach in a couple of weeks. I also need to check out my new gear.

Brian
Sounds good Brian, let me know your schedule. I wouldn't mind getting out there early on Saturday, to try to beat the crowds. We will definately have plenty of bouyancy practice as that is what I am going to be working on with my doubles. Weighting and bouyancy. We can stay above the thermocline, and I will probably be doing the dive in nothing but a skin.

Matt

Corigan:
Sounds good Brian, let me know your schedule. I wouldn't mind getting out there early on Saturday, to try to beat the crowds. We will definately have plenty of bouyancy practice as that is what I am going to be working on with my doubles. Weighting and bouyancy. We can stay above the thermocline, and I will probably be doing the dive in nothing but a skin.

Matt
Im down with going out early saturday morning, I was hoping to get out there before 10:00 if that's cool with everyone else.

Corigan:
The earlier the better. I would like to be out there around 8:30-9AM.

Matt
Sounds good to me.

Corigan:
The earlier the better. I would like to be out there around 8:30-9AM.

Matt
Sounds good. When you see someone with scuba gear that looks lost, that'll be me :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom