Wayag v Dampier strait

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue magic and sardine are best on a falling tide. Kri..I prefer near slack or toward the end of rising

My last dive in RA was Cape Kri in October of 2015, on an incoming tide. The entire food chain was lined up for a meal. Spectacular! Easily one of the best, if not THE BEST, coral reef dives of my life.

Was at Kri today, 2hrs into Rising, but three days before new moon so was minimal current and it was going off, everything was there in huge schools and there was hardly any current. Are sardine and Bm best midway through falling or just falling ?
Thanks guys

Well, 1 day before New Moon, 3 hrs before high tide in the afternoon kape Kri brought me to tears, dived it 8 times now in the last two trips and it was epic, never seen it so full of fish, current was minimal, truly epic dive, fish soup, everyone came to say hello, I cried when I got back to my room it overwhelmed me.

Cape Kri has been spectacular between 3 hrs and high water slack am and pm for the last four days now, spring tides.
I think 3-2hrs before is best.

scubajunky17 , which landbase you are on?
How is the weather? very tempting to come on mid September.

Kri island.
September should be good, later the better.

Indo sim, only for booking flights, otherwise would be good to be without it !!!

Have you seen the Birds of Paradise (Cendrawasih) while you are there in Kri / Mansuar?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom