Watson Murder Case - Discussion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Questions for Under Exposed:

What argument of criminality do you feel would suffice for Watsons orginal sentence of 4 and 1/2 years? Have you heard any argument in the latest, yet brief, article recently posted by K-Girl that still warrants 4 and 1/2 years or even more? Still seems flimsy to me.

And for the record, in case no one could notice...I do lean towards Gabe as being not an innocent man...but, that is neither here nor there at this point.
I certainly could be convinced otherwise and as a juror, I would refuse to sit on a case if I could not do so without prejudice. But, at this point I could not tell you how much of the media version of events...versus statements and eyewitness reports have played into my bias. I really wanted that trial to happen, dangit.

Is it derived from the English jail ? :D

gaol = jail, and the two words are pronounced about the same.

Is it derived from the English jail ? :D

Gaol (plural gaols) noun:

1. (British) Alternative spelling of jail.

2. (Australian, New Zealand) preferred alternative spelling of jail.

Sorry to have confused people! :wink:

Gaol (plural gaols) noun:

1. (British) Alternative spelling of jail.

2. (Australian, New Zealand) preferred alternative spelling of jail.

Sorry to have confused people! :wink:

Oh, no, that is cool. I am learning Aussie now! So, Gabe Watson is in gaol over there in Australia. And it is pronounced the same? Of course with an awesome Aussie accent I am sure it sounds different...and better.

Thanks.

Oh, no, that is cool. I am learning Aussie now! So, Gabe Watson is in gaol over there in Australia. And it is pronounced the same? Of course with an awesome Aussie accent I am sure it sounds different...and better.

Thanks.

Ga-ol, (hard g, as in jump, o as in ole! ) as opposed to ja-il? (Jay- ill, as in will) :wink:

I'm not sure people quite appreciate the intricacies of the Aussie accent!

But I best not hijack the thread! :wink:

Still nothing on the Queensland Courts site re the Appeal. I asked UE how long it could take and he said, "How long is a piece of string"? So I'm guessing, whenever!

Yes...gaol is much better. Okay...Appeal long as piece of string. Patience I guess.

In the meantime I am sitting here trying to pronounce gaol as you provided and not sure I am doing it right. It is hard to do...at least for me. Where is an Aussie around here, in the flesh, when I need one.

Yes...gaol is much better. Okay...Appeal long as piece of string. Patience I guess.

In the meantime I am sitting here trying to pronounce gaol as you provided and not sure I am doing it right. It is hard to do...at least for me. Where is an Aussie around here, in the flesh, when I need one.

The link is here if people want to check it any time for themselves:

Welcome to Queensland Courts :

You can go to Daily Law lists upper left then Brisbane Supreme and District Courts, to see if the case is listed under the Court of Appeal, or Judgments > Supreme Court, Court of Appeal.

Aussies have flattened vowels, not many people can "do" an Aussie accent. It usually sounds either Cockney or South African! :rofl3:

Okay...thank you for that link to Brisbane Supreme Court concerning the Gabe Watson Case (keeping thread on task)

I just have to say...I know one non-Aussie who can do a great Aussie accent (at least I think she can?) Meryl Streep in "A Cry in the Dark" (you know..."Maybe the Dingo ate your baby"...)
One of my all time favorite movies...and look how the "mob" and the media had her convicted, based on her non-emotional demeanor. Love that movie.

Okay...thank you for that link to Brisbane Supreme Court concerning the Gabe Watson Case (keeping thread on task)

I just have to say...I know one non-Aussie who can do a great Aussie accent (at least I think she can?) Meryl Streep in "A Cry in the Dark" (you know..."Maybe the Dingo ate your baby"...)
One of my all time favorite movies...and look how the "mob" and the media had her convicted, based on her non-emotional demeanor. Love that movie.

NW's

Erm, most here thought it pretty laughable I'm afraid :shakehead:

Yes, and there's another case where later and better DNA testing freed an innocent person.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom