Waterproof W30 2.5mm full suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bunongbel

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning to purchase the Waterproof W30 wetsuit via an on-line retailer. However before I actually place the order, I was hoping to get some information from other people that may already own this particular wetsuit.

1 - how "stretchy" is the neoprene used in this wetsuit ? Is it closer to a standard neoprene or one of the more flexible versions ?
2 - does the size chart accurately reflect the fit of the actual wetsuit ?
3 - Waterproof is known as a quality product but since this particular model is at the lower end of their product range, how does the quality compare with other wetsuits in the same pice range ?

Thanks to all for your help.

I am looking at it also. I love the Waterproof brand and have a W2 that I use in warmer water. I am going to Bonaire soon and need a thinner suit. I really like the W3 but it is 3.5mm might be to warm in tropical waters. The W30 does not have the bells and whistles the W3 has but its half the price and only 2.5mm.

I am planning to purchase the Waterproof W30 wetsuit via an on-line retailer. However before I actually place the order, I was hoping to get some information from other people that may already own this particular wetsuit.

1 - how "stretchy" is the neoprene used in this wetsuit ? Is it closer to a standard neoprene or one of the more flexible versions ?
2 - does the size chart accurately reflect the fit of the actual wetsuit ?
3 - Waterproof is known as a quality product but since this particular model is at the lower end of their product range, how does the quality compare with other wetsuits in the same pice range ?

Thanks to all for your help.

The arm area around the 2.5 is horrible! its pretty much the same width from the upper arms all the way to the wrists. Oh, and the wetsuit runs a bit small too.

The arm area around the 2.5 is horrible! its pretty much the same width from the upper arms all the way to the wrists. Oh, and the wetsuit runs a bit small too.

Do you have the W30? I know that is is not the wetsuit that the W3 is but its half the price. I have been happy with my Waterproofs in the past. I was hoping this might make a good cheap vacation wetsuit.

---------- Post added December 30th, 2012 at 10:24 PM ----------

the only shop i saw selling is leisurepro, is there any other retailers that would sell cheaper than them?

It just came out. Dive Right In Scuba does not have them on their site but I was in their store the other day and they can order it for the same price as everyone else. I like DRIS and their ppl. I try to support local dive shops when i can.

Caledfwlch

Thanks for the info. Perhaps I should try to locate a retailer where I could try it on. I was originally thinking about purchasing it from Scubatoys.

Back
Top Bottom