Waterproof W1 or Scubapro Definition 5 mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LadySilk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,
I am going to buy a new wetsuit, finally down to 2 options ; First one is Waterproof W1 5 mm , the other one is Scubapro Definiton 5mm, and I would dive max. coldness of 16C / 60F. I have dived with mares rover 5mm to 17C / 62F and it was when diving fine. ( When I got on the boat I was very cold)

I have read about waterproof suit's comments, and someone said buoyancy is little too much.The writer of the post said "I need a shedload to sink it". And Waterproof W1 is class "C" (16C - 24C / 60F - 75F) rated and Scubapro Definition 5mm is clas "B" (10C - 18C / 50F - 65F). I have never used waterproof and scubapro wetsuits.
So if you used them please share your opinions. Thanks.

(Note: Waterproof W1 is 100 dolars cheaper beacuse it is XS and only one left with the store, they will discontinue selling Waterproof brand.)

Last edited:
I have never heard that waterproof wetsuits need an excessive amount of weight compared to other wetsuits. I own three waterproof wetsuits and they are very well made and fit (me) perfectly. Now, the fit of their dry suits is a whole different story .....

I have never heard that waterproof wetsuits need an excessive amount of weight compared to other wetsuits. I own three waterproof wetsuits and they are very well made and fit (me) perfectly. Now, the fit of their dry suits is a whole different story .....
Added: the W1 is a very, very old model.

This W1 is 2018 model, as shown in their website.. thanks for info
That’s not what their website says, at least the US site. It says “closeout” as the current model is the W4. These suits are probably 10 years old by now.

That’s not what their website says, at least the US site. It says “closeout” as the current model is the W4. These suits are probably 10 years old by now.
Thanks a lot, I thought it is the new model as they have told me so... Products - Waterproof this is the product.

I own the 5mm Definition and love it! Very easy to get on, flexible and warm. I highly recommend it!
I think so even trying the watreproof was a challenge , normally xs or xxs ia ok for me to wear but waterproof was a little hard to wear.

I think so even trying the watreproof was a challenge , normally xs or xxs ia ok for me to wear but waterproof was a little hard to wear.
At the end of the day, the best suit for you is the one that fits your budget AND your body. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom