Waterproof Ultima Dry Glove System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BEVANJ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone using these dry gloves yet? I'm sick and tired of my Sitech Antares system being an epic pain. I've got some of these on order and am hoping I haven't made a mistake.

Bevan

Yes - you will love them.

My instructor had the Antares and said they sucked; he now uses the Waterproof, said they're much better. I ordered a set over the weekend; am hoping for good things.

Cheers, I saw that. I just wanted a few more opinions rather than only one, from a person using them without wrist seals (not sensible in my mind), in temperate, shallow water.

Thanks for the input everyone. Sounds like I made a good choice. They certainly sound better than the finicky Antares, which I found were easy to leave the clips not clicked in (even with the red plastic band-aid pieces sitech came up with). Also, very very easy with the Antares to pinch the silicone seal and make a small hole in it whilst wearing thick under-gloves. Killed a few that way. Using KY to lube the orings whilst putting them on helped, but they still were not fabulous.

Bevan

Last edited:
As a follow up, I've got mine in the mail the other day, and have fitted a set of XL Showa 660s to them. I have yet to have them in the water, but will post again as soon as I've got a dozen or so dives on them.

Some things to note:
-Putting PVC over fabric style gloves onto the ring system is not fun - even with the PVC pipe tool people have posted videos of. I think it'd be quicker to glue/aquaseal patch a hole than to try and replace the glove with another Showa style quickly. I'm going to keep a set of Marigold G17k sitting close by for if a change of glove on short notice is required, as they would be FAR easier to fit.

-These rings seem pretty bulletproof. They're MILES more solid than the antares system. They feel more solid, more positively engage onto the suit rings, and the system doesn't have anything similar to the damn sitech plastic spanner rings, which seem to love popping out when you don the gloves. And... no more plastic tangs to snap off, and wonder if they have properly clicked into the suit side rings, just to find you've got a soaking hand when you get in the water.

-The oring tool waterproof provides also looks like it would be really useful for popping gloves off (without causing damage) if they're refusing to budge. I've drilled a hole in mine, and am planning on putting it on a snap bolt and keeping it in my drysuit pocket for exactly this.

I'd be curious to compare the bit where the silicone seals are put onto and inserted into the suit to a set of 89mm Checkup or Diving Concepts dry gloves, and see what (if anything) Waterproof have actually changed.

Also, if Waterproof could sell just the glove rings, it'd be great. That way I could keep several sets of gloves made for several different liner thicknesses. That and spare o-rings, especially the orange sealing oring. I wouldn't mind a spare couple.

Now, if only I could find my damn dry glove liners...

20170324_213723.jpg
20170324_213655.jpg
20170324_213616.jpg
20170324_213603.jpg
20170324_213552.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom