Waterproof Draco weight issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knut

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I have the Waterproof Draco Dry suit in size M, I use a 300 bar 12L steel tank. I use two layers of undergarments, thin polyester as a ground and fourth element technical xerotherm arctic on top of that.

To get below the surface I need to have atleast 14kg(30.8lbs)(!) of led. And even with 14 kg I seem to float upwards and I have to kick me down. I even added 3.6 kg totalling to 38.8lb which was enough to get me sinking and not have the squeese issue with my suit. All this weight might not seem that much, but I am a guy weighing less than 70kg (154lbs) and my height is 173cm (5' 8")

This is really frustrating as my bcd won't float with all the weights in it (an oceanic wolf wing style bcd) and it's kind of heavy gearing up.

My thought on this so far is that the suit is a bit big for me, that it traps air in mysterious ways that I can't feel, because I sure can feel the squeese. The legs are a bit "curled" up and the arms a bit long, so my conclusion so far is that the suit is to big for me.

What's your thoughts on this?

Back
Top Bottom