waterproof D1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ASert

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i just got mine today, and i must say i am quite impressed. i am surprised how hard it is to find any real feedback on these. i will be diving it this weekend at dutch. ( i tried it on in the house it doesn't seem like i will need any undergarment) someone suggested i use pantyhose because the mesh inner lining can feel abrasive against the skin. does any one have any info they would like to share regarding this suit? BTW i got a killer deal on it :)

Jill Heinerth did a review on it when it first came out. Check her site RebreatherPro.com. What kind of killer deal?

i just got mine today, and i must say i am quite impressed. i am surprised how hard it is to find any real feedback on these. i will be diving it this weekend at dutch. ( i tried it on in the house it doesn't seem like i will need any undergarment) someone suggested i use pantyhose because the mesh inner lining can feel abrasive against the skin. does any one have any info they would like to share regarding this suit? BTW i got a killer deal on it :)

I have one and use a polypropylene thermal top and over that a woollen thermal top and bottom. Both are very thin so keeps down the bulk. I was sufficiently warm and no abrasion. I used mine last week on the MV Mikahail Lementov in New Zealand. Had no issues and found the seals worked fine. I trimmed the neck seal (take it off to trim then refit). Had no issues at all and was very happy with it. Buying the dry gloves next week to suit. Paid $2700 AUD

The Fourth Element Xerotherm is the maximum undergarment I would wear for that suit! The constant volume liner is very neat. It's crunchy!

With the Xerotherm, I imagine it would be warm down to freezing temperatures.

In the summer? A little underarmor wicking layer is all you need.

The Fourth Element Xerotherm is the maximum undergarment I would wear for that suit! The constant volume liner is very neat. It's crunchy!

With the Xerotherm, I imagine it would be warm down to freezing temperatures.

In the summer? A little underarmor wicking layer is all you need.

in the summer i think i would have to take out the 3d mesh if i were to use it. i had it on for five minutes in my house ( with just boxers on )and it was like a sauna. i just find it odd that the only review i can find is from Jill Heinerth. I'm sure she is sponsored by them, so what she says could look like a sales pitch.

Its a great dry suit, and apparently good for the Antarctic as well if you buy the dry gloves as well (which I am getting this week)

i just had three dives in it today at Dutch Springs all i had on under it was a north face light crew neck and pants water was 52 degrees. i must say i was very comfortable and dry :)

it is definitely a nice suit. i saw a post on here about someone who keep getting water in his suit through wrist seals. i think i know why he was getting this. if you put gloves over the seals under the cuff and make a fist you will force a little water under the seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom