Water Temps on Molasses Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speargirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So everyone will be able to somewhat of an idea of the water temps here. Also I have been diving with board shorts and bikini tops for the past month and I am a warm water wuss. :cool2:

NDBC - Station MLRF1

It is nice and warm to say the least. Now if the viz would please pick up

So everyone will be able to somewhat of an idea of the water temps here. Also I have been diving with board shorts and bikini tops for the past month and I am a warm water wuss. :cool2:

NDBC - Station MLRF1

:yeahbaby: :banana: :luxhello: Happy DANCE :luxhello: :banana: :yeahbaby:

According to the Water Temp Table it has been 83* to 85* -- that is what I am talking about...

I saw your post and know some have had problems getting into the website that was offered so I thought I would post this for you. Much easier and faster.:)

So I reviewed the captains log. It would seem all the Reef dives are listed as 85 F or better. If the Reef is 85 F in the Keys does that mean the Duane, Spiegel and so forth would be 81 or better? I know up here there can be tricky chilly upwellings which would astound someone not familar with them.

It looks like board shorts and booties to me!

So I reviewed the captains log. It would seem all the Reef dives are listed as 85 F or better. If the Reef is 85 F in the Keys does that mean the Duane, Spiegel and so forth would be 81 or better? I know up here there can be tricky chilly upwellings which would astound someone not familar with them.

It looks like board shorts and booties to me!

No bikini top?

Last week I dove in a 1-2mm suit with a hood and was toasty. My wife (new diver) dove in a 3mm and no hood and was cold on some afternoon dives and she is used to surf in cold water ...
Some fellow divers were in t-shirt/boardies.
- everyone's body is different

86F !!!! Do they rent drysuits with AC ? : ) Can't wait till next week to dive this.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom