water temps now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just did Million Hope wreck in a 2mm shortie plus a 3mm hood. A Russian guy was diving in a 3mm shortie without hood. On the other hand a German guy just gave up a second dive at Jackson reef because he was too cold in his 5mm without hood. Water temp was a solid 23 Celsius with some pockets up to 25 air temperature about 30.
I guess YMMV is the name of the game when it comes to the 23-26 Celsius temperature range.
Very jealous.

Water temp was a solid 23 Celsius with some pockets up to 25 air temperature about 30.

A lot of us dive in drysuits here in UAE once the bottom temps hit 23C to the surface.

An hour at that temperature can drain the heat out of you fast without proper insulation.

It also depends a lot on the outside temperature and the wind. Also on how many dives you do per day, if I do things like the 2mm at 23 water temperature I avoid diving the next day. You cannot do that on a liveaboard.

A lot of us dive in drysuits here in UAE once the bottom temps hit 23C to the surface.

An hour at that temperature can drain the heat out of you fast without proper insulation.

yeah some in dry suits
some in 3mm with a hoodie (myself)
and Mr. Bulgaria in a 1.5mm shortie! hahaha
The tall'ish guy with the Halcyon bp/w

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom