• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Water Temp In Anilao?

Discussion in 'Philippine Paradise Divers' started by ladiver33, Feb 6, 2020.

1. ladiver33

ladiver33 Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Hi! Curious if anyone has been diving in / around Anilao and could report back as to what the water tempature has been. Heading out next week and want to make sure I bring the right thermal protection. Thanks!

Blueringocto_73 likes this.
  2. Jonathan Venn

Jonathan Venn Registered

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Around 25 degrees at the moment, usually starts warming at the end of the month. You can get an unlucky thermocline that can get as low as 22. All the critters are out though.

Jon
    www.blueribbondivers.com

Blueringocto_73 and ladiver33 like this.
  3. blue steal

blue steal Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Been diving in Anilao for the past week and getting 79F every dive. did get a 77F at 92feet one day though.

Blueringocto_73 and ladiver33 like this.
  4. Pillpusher

Pillpusher Contributor

I hope that's true. I'll be there in a few days, and asked my guide (Dennis) yesterday. He said 24c-25c (75-77f)

5. D_Fresh

D_Fresh ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

A little.over a month ago, I was averaging 26°c, with some thermoclines at 23.5°c. For me personally, 165 lbs, 5'9", male, I was perfectly fine in my 3mm full all the way down to 30m... of course, YMMV...

Blueringocto_73 and Pillpusher like this.
  6. blue steal

blue steal Solo Diver

2 weeks now, diving every day using 2 different computers. always 79 degrees in Anilao. Everyone is saying how cold it is, but coming from California waters it feels like a bathtub. Using a 5mm shortie with hood. It has been quite windy and it may be the boat rides that are causing folks to feel cold. Yesterday was rainy most of the day, but cleared up in the afternoon and looks to be a nice day today. One thing I will say is the VIS is not so good. Not sure why, perhaps the Taal volcano put a lot of ash in the water or earthquakes stirring up the bottom? The other side of the pennisula seemed to be have better VIS at Manit, bubbles point, and red rock dive sites.

7. Pillpusher

Pillpusher Contributor

5mm seems like a lot for 79... I’m usually in shorts and a quick dry shirt for that...lol.

markmud and Blueringocto_73 like this.
  8. D_Fresh

This would make sense... I haven't been over there yet, since Taal, but I'll be there later this month. I'm sure it'll be too late for Ladiver, but I'll report the visibility after my weekend.

9. blue steal

blue steal Solo Diver

For me a 3mm shortie would work well here, but I had my 5mm shortie made for me by JMJ wetsuits. It has the feel of a 3mm and I use it for bodyboarding and snorkeling in California. Update on weather; today very windy. The VIS has improved a bit. Lots of nudi's out and about together with lots of fish. Good dive day. Many resorts have been getting canceled customers from different parts of Asia due to the CoronaVirus.

10. D_Fresh

Which, as a local, tells me it's time to suit up and dive while the dive sites are not busy :thumb: