Water Temp at Dutch Springs ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dgsmith

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys
My buddy is a large guy and is getting a 7mm wetsuits made up but it is not ready yet. My question for you regulars is with the mild winter and decent weather is the water temp up so a 5mm or a very good 3mm can be used even with the thermoclimes that are present. What is the temp by the helecopter??

Thank you

We didnt go to the helicopter but my Suunto was reading 50 degrees at 60 ft.

I dove a 5 mil suit twice today, with gloves and a beanie. Nice dives, vis is excellent.

Its warm up top in mid 60s and I had 51 at 58' last weekend. If you get cold just sit on the cesna or fire truck for a while lol.

Coldest temperature I recorded last weekend was 50 at the tanker.
If you enter at thee cove you can follow the wall a boat, the van, platforms etc and stay pretty warm and get out on the other side with out too much of a walk, a decent dive lots to see and I did that same dove with someone in a 5mm on Sunday and she didn't seem to mind.

Just checked my computer and the approx time I was on the chopper shows mid to low 60's, much colder below it though.

65 on top and 55 at 65ft. this is as of last weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom