Water temp at depth in the Red Sea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If this is your first liveaboard, also consider that you will likely be diving more frequently than you did in the Caribbean. By the third day or so, hour-long dives that felt fine on the first day may start feeling chillier. I have read of people skipping the night dives later in the week because they just didn't want to get back into the water after having finally warmed up. At least bring a wetsuit, just in case.

I was in the Maldives in April on a live aboard, kind of comparing the temps to that.

This statement seems to indicate to me that you are either crazy or very resistant to cold :coffee:

Yes......

Plus plenty of ”bioprene”! I’ve got a decent cold tolerance, I’m just concerned at depth, that there isn’t a strange current bringing in colder water.

definitely bring a wetsuit.. even with plenty of bioprene on my buddies from the hardy scandinavia we would dive with wetsuits (3-5mm or dry for end of year)..the cold slowly seeps in and then its hard to get rid of..sucks to have to skip a few dives or shorten them just because you were too lazy/cheap to bring a suit. It's always the "tough guys/gals" who start the first few dives in just rashguards that end up regretting it

lazy/cheap

This is about the last two words I would use to describe myself. I’ve taken a wetsuit on every dive trip and not use it. I’m just trying to pair down my travel luggage. I could easily pack a pair of corduroy pants as well to take a tour in Cairo, do I need those?

Sounds like you have the information you need. Enjoy your trip!

The difference between MAldives and Egypt in Nov is the cold winds you can have in Egypt. While I had no problems in the Maldives in February with a 3mm, I would be too cold in Nov in Egypt with it. But it is your call. I am VERY susceptible to cold @ 3 dives per day for a week.

keep us posted, post trip. I am interested to find out :). Have a nice stay. The red sea is wonderful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom