Water temp around Broward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reelmagic

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just curious what the water temp is in the Broward area.. I want to come dive, but I have not yet invested in a wetsuit. Are we into wetsuit territory? Here in Naples the Gulf surface temp is around 78, got invited diving here in about 45' and felt that might be too cold without a suit!!!

80 this morning. I wore a diveskin and was ok (but then I'm naturally insulated...kinda like a seal). I'm guessing I'll be switching over to a 3mil in another week or two.

Last weekend at 70 ft it was 82 degrees and at the surface it was 84. We snorkeling this morning at LBTS and the water was cooler than it has been, probably around 80.

Friday 10/8/10
Ken Vitale Wreck (Aka Tracy Wreck)

At 70 feet it was 81* on my computer

Thanks everyone, water is cooling off fast.

I got 80 yesterday at LBTS. Interesting that it was a couple of degrees warmer right on the bottom, usually the water is warmer near the surface. I had 95 minutes on the bottom with a 2mm shorty was getting cold, so I was staying as low as I could. It's that time of year to break out the extra vest and hood.

and I schelduled time off a couple months ago and it was fridgidly cold .. now it is 80 plus darnit.

What are temps Nov-Dec? Do the fish species change in the winter? I was planning to dive Jupiter and the Bridge.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom