Water leak detector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sunkarm,

Planning on having a flood are we? :D

Seriously, I haven't used this one. My Subal housing does have one built in and I do like knowing that it hasn't detected any water once I have put it in the dunk tank. This one you found may be worth a try. Test it out with a wet finger first to make sure it is sensitive enough.

I have not used anything like that before. If it works, it is a cheap way to protect your camera.

TOM

Gilligan:
No need with a clear housing.

True... Provided you pay attention to that kind of thing. :D

But some people don't feel right unless they have flashing lights, horns, flags and flares to alert them that something is wrong. :shakehead

What about low light situations? Night dives? Easy enough to see into a clear case, but do you want to have to shine your light at your case every once in a while? :)

no i don't plan to have a flood but it's just that i flooded my first camera and it was too late to b saved. so has anybody bought this thing yet?

Nope, never bothered with my polycarbonate housings.

Have the Subal one (it comes with it). Buddy saw flashing light once back on board boat after a dive in October, so guess it was a good thing to have. Takes ages to turn off again - had to pull battery out for several days :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom