Water Jet or some cutting method

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

350xfire

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has access to a water jet or some sort of cutting machine that can cut up some stainless steel plate 1/8" thick accurately and cleanly? If so, please PM me and I'll send details of what I need.
Thanks in advance.

Google baby!
There are water jet machines all over the place. Laser cutters also cut stainless well. If you only need straight cuts look for a shear.
I found a water jet guy local that cut .25" plate for $20 for me while I watched. Really cool.

Go for the water jet. Gives a much better edge on backplates.

Unfortunately my job was eliminated back in March so I don't make back plates any longer.

Oh, by the way, where IS my stimulus check????

the K

Your stimulus check is a provision in Obama's national health care plan, dude!!! Did you not know that?

Thanks
Guys.

I am a waterjet operator. We have two at work. What specifically do you need and will you supply material or would we? The machines we have can hold guaranteed tolerances to .005 and if we take our time .001 to .003 is possible depending on the part, nozzle used, etc. Also if it;s a larger item we would most likley have to go thru my boss since the economy is such that doing "government jobs" is more easily noticed. Ie when we are busy we can sneak stuff in here and there(it's why my mother in laws and my house have nice fancy stainless steel kickplates on the outside doors and brass on the inside ones!). What exactly are you needing and can you provide a dxf file or would I need to draw it up on the system?

Thanks Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom