water damage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fina

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a second hand Nikon Coolpix 885 because it fits the Fantasea housing my dad uses with his Coolpix 4300. Yesterday I put the camera in the housing and took it for a dive, not having used it much at all before. Today I've noticed once the camera is on for a short period of time, a green and purple "stain" appears on the LCD screen, making it very difficult to make anything out on it. Could this be the result of water damage? Or perhaps the camera was already faulty when I bought it. If the LCD screen was damaged by water is there anything I can do or will I have to cough up to get it fixed. It's still under warranty but I guess that won't help if it is water damaged.

I can think of a few scenarios but I am sure there are more.

If the camera was ever flooded but still worked afterwards water could have gotten between the layers that make up the monitor. I doubt it would ever dry out on its own.

Another possibility is, as you stated, the monitor was defective when you bought the camera.

You mentioned it is still under warranty. If so just send it in and don't suggest possible causes or volunteer information. Let the company figure out what's wrong with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom