Washing undergarments, probably a stupid question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My neck seal leaked so I have salt water wet undergarments. When I got home I realized I'm out of woolite so I'm planing to gentle cycle them with just water.

So the stupid question is that good enough or should I rewash them tommorow after I get some more woolite?

My neck seal leaked so I have salt water wet undergarments. When I got home I realized I'm out of woolite so I'm planing to gentle cycle them with just water.

So the stupid question is that good enough or should I rewash them tommorow after I get some more woolite?

Wouldn’t hurt. Question - what undies do you have? Cold, gentle, with normal laundry detergent (small amount) should be just fine on fleece/wool undies. I use Tide. What detergent do you usually use?

Tide normally. First dive with the aqualung fusion undergarment. I'm also doing my wool base layer, socks and underwear with them since with a neck leak it all got wet.

I just wash my undergarments with the same regular stuff we use for our other clothes, always come out like brand new.

Tide normally. First dive with the aqualung fusion undergarment. I'm also doing my wool base layer, socks and underwear with them since with a neck leak it all got wet.

Tide will be fine! Just make sure the Fusion undersuit is zipped up. I wash all my undies - fleece and wool - together in the same load. You don't need to use Woolite. Remember - gentle and cold. HANG DRY the Fusion undersuit.

EDIT: If you ever need to dry the Fusion undersuit with short time before your next dive day, the lowest heat setting on your dryer won't kill it. I wouldn't do it all the time, but occasionally doesn't hurt.

Tide will be fine! Just make sure the Fusion undersuit is zipped up. I wash all my undies - fleece and wool - together in the same load. You don't need to use Woolite. Remember - gentle and cold. HANG DRY the Fusion undersuit.

EDIT: If you ever need to dry the Fusion undersuit with short time before your next dive day, the lowest heat setting on your dryer won't kill it. I wouldn't do it all the time, but occasionally doesn't hurt.

My lowest is air only so that might work.

I use a "tech wash" that is marketed for performance clothes, so it won't leave a residue that may interfere with insulation or wicking properties. If I didn't have that, I'd use just water until I could get some.

Air is no heat. Putting it on the lowest heat setting will be OK occasionally.

Exactly my dryer has a zero heat just air pumping and rotation setting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom