Was I too critical in my response to the following post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully there will be future blogs about her adventures, and not a thread in the Accidents and Incidents Forum, but I would put my money on the latter.

Did you really believe the whole story?
I don't.

She forgot to mention that they have to inflate the bc orally when surfaced to make it more believable and dramatic. 300psi(20bar) between two divers for 15min at 3m.

Last edited:
Reactions: EdC
It looks like you were polite, but you kept it real. I see no problems with your reply. The original story was already not very believable to begin with.

I think the blogger doesn't really care whether the attention she gets is positive or negative, just so long as she gets some. That is the point of having a blog.

I think this situation is similar to the other post here on SB about the paralyzed instructor. It is just a highly embellished, attention grabbing account written more to impress non-divers than share the experience with the diving community.

Don't get your panties in a bunch, most of what is written there never really happened (15 minutes on 300psi!!.)

First, I don't agree that we should discount or ignore the post because parts of it sound incredible. There are lots of divers who may not appreciate that, and, as I made clear in an earlier post, it is incumbent upon us as members of ScubaBoard to call out clearly and definitively dive conduct that is dangerous/reckless/stupid, lest other new/naive divers think such conduct is normal or ok. Second, your language. Really?

Grabbing onto coral to haul yourself up?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom