Warning: Exhausting Nassau wall dive and wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billtodive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Was fortunate enough to dive Nassau on 22ond. The reefs and wall dive were amazing. I would do them again at the drop of a hat. Also met some great people. BTW, if you get off a cruise ship, you have to carry your gear a long ways to get to the bus to Nassau Scuba Dive Center. Next time I'll book another operation and arrange transportation from ship to dive operator.

FWIW, I had to stop and rest a couple times... Carrying wet gear 1/2 mile or more back to ship really sucks! Seemed like it weighed a ton.....

and when you fresh water rinse, it is embarrasing to find all that lead still in your bc.

waterwilly:
Was fortunate enough to dive Nassau on 22ond. The reefs and wall dive were amazing. I would do them again at the drop of a hat. Also met some great people. BTW, if you get off a cruise ship, you have to carry your gear a long ways to get to the bus to Nassau Scuba Dive Center. Next time I'll book another operation and arrange transportation from ship to dive operator.

FWIW, I had to stop and rest a couple times... Carrying wet gear 1/2 mile or more back to ship really sucks! Seemed like it weighed a ton.....

and when you fresh water rinse, it is embarrasing to find all that lead still in your bc.

Nassau Scuba Centre has the same predicament that the other dive ops picking up cruise passengers have - too little room near the terminal. Nothing unusual there. On any given day any operator may have to park some distance from the terminal.

Hi Waterwilly,

Glad you enjoyed your diving in Nassau. There was a poll here on the boards, you can find it by doing a search.

Your from Grand Forks? I used to live in Fargo. Went to G.F. all the time to visit my cousins. Usually stopped in Caledonia on the way, to visit some other relatives.

What wreck did you dive?

Tim, we dove the Eagle. (My first wreck dive). a school of angelfish thinks it is home. If you dove it, how does it compare to others...seemed in excellent condition (other than being broken in half).

Kat, Yes, bride and I live in GF. Grew up in Kindred, so saw fargo a few times in my youth. Still have relatives in GF?

Waterwilly,
My aunt & a few cousins still live there. My grandparents home was destroyed in '97 when the Red River flooded the town.

Back
Top Bottom