• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Warning about dive schools

Discussion in 'Commercial Divers' started by muddiver, Jul 20, 2011.

1. muddiver

muddiver Divemaster

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    The Association of Diving Contractors, International has issued the following statement below:

Do your homework and check out any school you think you would want to go to. Or you could be wasting your money.

Netdoc: This would make a good sticky.

2. psumike

psumike Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Does ACDI or anyone provide a scorecard of any type associated with the schools?

3. DivingOtter

DivingOtter Nassau Grouper

They are a joke as are most dive schools. Yes, I attended one of them..

Darol likes this.
  4. DennisC

DennisC Marine Scientist

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    What would be a good dive school to go to? and what is the normal cost to attend?

Nevermind i found another thread. thanks tho

5. Bigblue98

Bigblue98 Garibaldi

# of Dives:
    What was the other thread

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. DTN

DTN Garibaldi

# of Dives: 0 - 24
  7. haneeshraj

haneeshraj Garibaldi

I still have no ideas. On posting a new post.well I am interested to become a underwater welder. What must I do in oder to work as underwater welder. Currently I Dont have any certificate .

HATZ

8. Rich Keller

Rich Keller Solo Diver

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Diving is the easy part, being a good welder is the hard part. Diving just gets you to the job, what you can do once you get there will make all the difference. If you are a good welder already then you are most of the way there now. The only divers I ever meet who could not swim were both welders because it was easier to train a good welder to dive then it was to train a diver to be a good welder.

Darol likes this.
  9. Darol

Darol ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

376985_2754693673168_1096782729_n.jpg 377517_2754634591691_1436896870_n.jpg 377517_2754634551690_1923866225_n.jpg fs_2736821.jpg 007_7.JPG ACDI is mainly a pay to play organization with a very narrow minded view of what it takes to be a commercial diver, a money grab...... IMHO....

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  10. oldguy

oldguy Captain

The jury is still out with me about the ADCI. I am an older diver who attended a now closed but well respected school that was a "feedbox" for the old Taylor Diving & Salvage and other dive companies offshore and inshore. I believe I was well trained and participated in the industry for many years without any of my crew being injured. I had a lot of experience in construction prior to attending dive school and that greatly aided my abilities underwater. It is difficult to understand how an organization could turn its back on so many of us who did not receive their card years ago.

Darol and Sam Miller III like this.