Warmest Wetsuit Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive brat

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I am a petite woman who gets cold very easily, even in warm water. I have had a serious of wetsuits that I have hated, ranging from 5-7 mm.

Looking for a recommendation for a high quality, warm wet suit for moderate to warm water diving.

Thanks!:confused:
d.b.

Sorry, don't want to be a smartass and give you an answer for something you are not asking for, but i think you might be in one of those situations were you should seriously consider a drysuit. I was desperately searching for a "wet" solution a year ago, before admitting that a drysuit was what i really wanted.

Of course there are well-fitting 7mm wetsuits with maybe 7mm on top and a hood, but it seems you have tested those.

Maybe consider a trilaminate drysuit...you can easily adjust warmth by undergarments (from simple underwear to heavy thinsulate) to be comfortable in anything from moderate seawater to icediving.

For me there is no going back from using my 4mm compressed neoprene drysuit..maybe except for diving in tropical conditions...adjusting undergarments for water temps ranging from 3-20 Celsius.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I have a dry suit that I love, but it seems like overkill on tropical vacations....

Dove dry on my last tropical vacation and I missed the feeling of being wet. I have always used crummy wetsuits, so I'd like to give a high quality suit a try before I go dry forever! Probably a 5 mm with a beanie for warm/tropical dives only.

d.b.

You might try a Henderson hyperstretch 5 mil full suit. It will fit you well and is easy to put on and remove. Also consider a full hood, Again the Henderson microprene hoods are great and take up no room in the dive bag. Most LDS have a few suits you can rent out.

Have you tried a semi-dry? A well fitted semi-dry should keep you toasty within certain depths / temperatures.

Hi,

I am a petite woman who gets cold very easily, even in warm water. I have had a serious of wetsuits that I have hated, ranging from 5-7 mm.

Looking for a recommendation for a high quality, warm wet suit for moderate to warm water diving.

Thanks!:confused:
d.b.

Me, too! I'm comfortable in a 7mm in 80o water.

I've found the merino wool lining makes a huge difference. I have a hooded vest that has merino wool, but since I have lots of wetsuits, I'm not buying another.

When you are putting on your 7mm, do you start with it inside out, and roll it on from the feet up? Most people hate 7mm because they have to fight into them.

Lastly, +1 on the 'semi dry', only in that the seals stop the transfer of water, so once it is warm, it stays that way.

Try a freediving wetsuit. Mil for mil, they are roughly 50%-100% warmer than any scuba wetsuit.

All the best, James

Try a freediving wetsuit. Mil for mil, they are roughly 50%-100% warmer than any scuba wetsuit.

I've heard that too, from a dive instructor using a Cressi freediving suit. Do you know why they are warmer? Maybe tighter fitting?

Well ok then, i dive a 7mm Subgear Semidry in Egypt and Indonesia, because i do not have anything else, but this would be the way to go as it seems. It is very warm and "dry" when tightly fitting.

Be sure to wear a nice, warm hood (5-7mm), this could make the difference for you.

Normally, a good 5mm semidry or wetsuit is commonly recommended as an all-around wetsuit.

Back
Top Bottom