warmest wet suit gloves???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello Lady Divers. This is my first post on this board and it's neat that there is a forum like this for Ladies.

When I first started diving over 10 years ago, I got my gloves through our dive shop--very nice and thick neoprene--can't recall what mm now--they were great for the fresh water diving we did. But over the years I've gone through several pairs of gloves--I expect to buy a pair every year or 2. We dive in the St. Lawrence River a lot, and the zebra mussels make short work of the fingertips of my gloves. And when we dive the Niagara River, I am digging around on the bottom with my hands trying to find neat bottles, etc. So my gloves don't last too long--and since my hands have very seldom been cold on a dive, I can get away with buying my gloves at Walmart for about $10 and I don't feel too guilty about throwing them away when my fingers are showing through.

Nordic Blue was the name I was trying to think of.

If you don't get your hands wet then they won't get as cold.

Bob3's post had dive gloves with latex seals on the glove's wrists. I find these latex seals are the best. Gaunlet style gloves are too long for dry suits and with my skinny wrists they really leak alot of cold water in.

Nordic Blue's are nice but they are made of latex which is not the toughest material in the world. Good dexterity, though.

That titanium thing is all hype.

To get back to seals on a dive glove.....

The warmest way to dive is dry. And yet most gloves have NO seal on them.

If you find a pair of neoprene gloves you really like you can always glue neoprene or latex seals on the inside of them. I don't know why all cold/ice water gloves don't have seals on them. These seals might not keep your hands 100% dry(sometimes they roll up or get turned and let some water in) but the more you minimize water being introduced into your gloves the warmer your hands will be.

I dive in the new england with henderson goldcore gauntlet gloves. They provide plenty of dexterity without sacrificing warmth. Just to clarify how cold the water is up here, it gets up into the 50's and low 60's in the summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom