Warm weather coming!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FloridaRanger

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
What are you doing to prepare for the upcoming warm-weather dive season?

I know I plan to go carefully through all my gear and start a vigorous exercise program ... tomorrow.

What are you doing to prepare for the upcoming warm-weather dive season?

I know I plan to go carefully through all my gear and start a vigorous exercise program ... tomorrow.

I don't know about you, but its always warm-weather diving if I travel to it. Otherwise, its always cold-water diving locally.

What am I doing now? Getting ready to pack my bags for Fiji.

I never stopped diving.

Going to Largo the 13th of next month to start my monthly warm water dive trips down there. I've already hooked a tank to my regs to make sure there are no problems with them and spent about an hour in the local Y pool scooting around the bottom. Other than that I don't do anything spectacular to get ready.

All the gear goes in this weekend for checkup and yearly warranty certification.

I need to replace batteries in the dive computers too.

Other than that I get to cross a few more days off the calendar for our trip countdown.

What do I do when the warm weather comes? - Start cursing the poor vis due to algae/plankton blooms and spring runoff. Did a nice 4' vis dive yesterday because of it :(

We dive year round. The water is warmer during the winter in Northern California. Sometimes we see fish from Southern California in the Monterey Bay during the winter time.

Heading to the Gulf to do some spearfishing next weekend- cold water makes the fish slower!!

:( I think about all the O2 cleaning/services that's due on all my equipment

April means getting gear serviced. I dive all winter-all be it single 20-20 dives as 35F water temp. has to be done just right in the 7 mil. Then I hope to finish DM when the LDS starts buzzing a bit, after 4 months of stagnation. Then comes Aug./Sept. when it gets darn near tropical at 50+F.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom