Warm water? I'll try it....finally.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loving the great info. I'll definitely be attempting to dive on north side. I just want to dive east end because that's where the kittiwake is according to dive site maps. Honestly, that and stingray city are the two we'll definitely do on that end. We'll be staying on the east end and using the dive op at the resort (Tortuga Divers) for 2 of the 4 days or more. Fortunately, we're staying in a timeshare so we'll probably just do breakfasts in the room and sometimes lunches. We'll also have a rental car so making the drive to the other end is certainly an option while we're there. Not everything is crazy expensive....renting a tank for a beach dive is only $10.

As other said, do some shore diving. It's worth it. Especially turtle farm. One could easily go to GC and just shore dive and be content.

I use a 3mm full with hood (I like LONG dives), a ss plate and 30# wing and have to add about two pounds to some cam bands to trim out.

Have a blast!:eyebrow:

Ahhhhhh warm water..... Wait until you come back and do your 1st dive at home.

My last trip to Curacao I carried my SS back plate on the plane. I dove with about 15 lbs total wearing a 3mm shorty. I could have probably dropped a few more pounds, but they only had aluminum tanks and did not want to get floaty near the end of the dives.

Back
Top Bottom