Warm water drysuit, DUI 30/30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Belmont

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone here had experience with DUI's 30/30 drysuits?
Is the material performing well?

I have been using my TLS 350 in Mexico diving the caves, it gets pretty hot preparing for a dive in 80 degree weather.

They say it breathes and keeps you cool before entering the water.

I use a 3 mm wetsuit in tropical oceans. It might be nice to dive dry, less heat loss, protection from nasty critters and the added safety of a second buoyancy device.

Any opinions?

I just found a brand new 30/30 with untrimmed seals in DUI's factory seconds list for $600! I was all over it, even though I don't need the Kevlar knee, elbow, and butt pads somebody had it made up with. It should be perfect for the Mexican caves and liveaboard trips. I'm looking forward to trying it, probably with a light fleece undergarment.

I think RJP has some say here.

I think RJP has some say here.

Yup - and here's from a more recent post:

Yup. And remember, the water doesn't need to be COLD in order for YOU to get cold!

I've worn my DUI 30/30 Tropical Drysuit while diving Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, Cayman Brac, Bonaire, Curacao (x2), Truk, Florida (x2), Hawaii(x3), the Red Sea and elsewhere. I typically do 4-5 dives a day for a week or two when traveling. I've never ended a single one thinking "Would have been better if I was cold."

Do you get laughed at? Plenty of good-natured ribbing is thrown your way, for sure. However, when my buddy and I did the Town Pier in Bonaire we spent 60min in the water... while everyone else was done after 30min. On the Cayman Aggressor we exited the water after night dives, unzipped, and walked up to the bar for a beer, while everyone else huddled under blankets slurping hot cocoa - earning us both the coveted "Sissy Diver" award at the end of the week.

Did 57 dives in 17 days in Truk. Sure, the water was 83F. But on 90min wreck penetration dives - where you need full-body exposure protection down to 180' or so - 3mm is not enough, 5mm sufficient, drysuit...perfect.

:eyebrow:

Also, it is far more comfortable on the surface than a wetsuit. It's been literally years since I've experienced the "thrill" of donning a cold, clammy, wetsuit. And the Gore-tex like material that DUI uses on the 30/30 is far cooler on the surface than a wetsuit of any thickness on a hot day, even in the midday sun at the Hilma Hooker...

WarmDry.jpg

I'm also considering picking up a 30/30 and have been doing some research. Sounds like it really would be great for dive trips with a lot of diving or for longer dives even in warm water. Trying sort whether to go front zipper or shoulder entrance. Also, what accessories to add on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom