Warm Water Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I started diving locally in a drysuit to keep my skills up and eventually to dive the Great Lakes as well as California kelp. It also makes warm water diving in a thin wetsuit so much relaxing as there is a lot less to keep track of, and with proper weighting, buoyancy and trim are a snap.

Hmm, I’m passionate about my diving but I don’t care anything about diving in the ugly limited viz lakes near me or the rock quarry (did that and didn‘t care for it). I'm a warm water diver and just because I can’t get to the tropics as often as I wish does not mean I’m not passionate about diving.

The average American diver isn’t going to have that much time off or be able to afford those kind of trips. FL, the Caribbean, or MX is more their budget.
The average American diver probably dives less than a handful of dives on a tropical vacation after certification.

Except for @Dan you're correct. :wink:
Yep. I’m in Bali, Indonesia as we speak.

Here’s my dive trips for 2022:
1. Feb 1 - Mar 3 to Similan, Thailand
2. Mar 5 - 10 to Jupiter, FL
3. Mar 11 - 19 to Tiger Beach & Bimini, Bahamas
4 June 3 - 13 to Jardines de la Reina, Cuba
5. June 18 - 27 to Cozumel, Mexico
6. July 8 - Aug 6 to Komodo, Indonesia
7. Aug 7 - 20 to Sangalaki, Indonesia
8. Sep 25 - Oct 7 to Cocos, Costa Rica
9. Oct 17 - 31 to Galápagos, Ecuador
10. Nov 20 - Dec 2 to Banda Sea, Indonesia
11. Dec 4 - 12 to Raja Ampat, Indonesia
12. Dec 18 - Jan 6 to Visayas, Philippines

The average American diver isn’t going to have that much time off or be able to afford those kind of trips. FL, the Caribbean, or MX is more their budget.
Exactly why you should not make the broad generalizations that you do!

In addition, recreational (NDL) diving is not that difficult so, if you take it seriously (as you should), it’s not that hard to keep your skills up even if you don’t get to dive all year round.

I think you are off base on passion for diving as well. Many people are quite passionate about diving, but don’t have the means to do it as frequently as they’d like, especially at different stages of their life.

I love diving - but in warm water, with good viz, healthy reefs and wrecks covered with life (though not really interested in any significant wreck penetration). I love to see an abundance of different marine life, both large and small, which is also more prevalent in warmer waters.

Folks tell me the wreck diving off the NJ coast is pretty good, but cold and limited viz - so I have no desire to dive here (at least at present).

“To each their own” and more power to you if you like cold water diving- but maybe lose the judgement on those who don’t and may not get to dive as often as you do!

:cool:Yep. I’m in Bali, Indonesia as we speak.

You’re my idol :cool:! Happy diving!

I hope to get on one of your trips again in the future since the Raja trip got split up because of Covid!

Reactions: Dan
You’re my idol :cool:! Happy diving!

I hope to get on one of your trips again in the future since the Raja trip got split up because of Covid!
You too, enjoy Raja Ampat with Blue Manta in December!

Have you been to Komodo?

Yep. I’m in Bali, Indonesia as we speak.

You're running out of earthly spots. Sea of Tranquility next?

Back
Top Bottom