Warm Feet In A Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have Fourth Element Artic socks too. They were very warm but they seemed bulky to me. I like the tighter feeling of the wool socks.

Be careful about using the "charcoal" heaters in a dry suit. The PPO2, especially if using Nitrox, can yield "interesting" results -- or so I have heard.

I wear smart wool socks. It's important that they aren't too tight under the shoes. Too tight and nothing will keep you warm. I learned that when I was a skier.
when I skied, I wore a thin wool sock and a thicker sock on top.
i also have a fleece sock made of the same material as my undergarment which is quite warm. I haven't decided which I like better. Probably like them slightly better than the smart wool. They are made by Janice, Software Undergarments, which I love.

To the OP: One of the big differences between diving and paddling is that the swimming position as well as movement is also helping with circulation. Sitting in a paddle craft is not dynamic on your legs. Immobility will likely make you colder. I spend long hours in the woods while hunting, much of which is sitting still. My feet hate that. Yet during snowshoe or ski activities my feet aren't getting cold. I'd still look into the battery socks or the iron salt heat packs.

Last edited:
Don't make the mistake of having your insulation constrict your feet.

Great insulation that squeezes your feet reduces circulation, and you still have cold feet.

I know that they're probably not designed for this, but has anyone tried the Lavacore or Sharkskin socks as an undergarment sock?

I use rei expedition merlino socks and 5'mm neoprene booties. In 40d water I'm good

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom