Wanting to go streamlined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP asks a simple question about streamlining by simply going to 40” and bungeed second. No problem sounds simple enough to me. I fact, that’s what I run.
Then come to page 8 and the discussion is all about sidemount, CCR’s, pony bottles, 7’ hoses already got mentioned on the second page.
Amazing!

Lol...
That's SB!
Provide every possible answer then restructure the question and finish by taking any tangent offered.
I think it mimics casual conversation...

Cheers!

The OP asks a simple question about streamlining by simply going to 40” and bungeed second. No problem sounds simple enough to me. I fact, that’s what I run.
Then come to page 8 and the discussion is all about sidemount, CCR’s, pony bottles, 7’ hoses already got mentioned on the second page.
Amazing!

I'd be upset for the OP, but it looks like he got the actual information he wanted, and has checked out of the thread.

I also run his reg setup (40" primary w elbow, necklace second), and ran it for years with a BC (although now Im in a BP/W), and dont see any issue.

Some folks arent familiar with primary donate, and you will need to explain it to them no matter what BC you are in.

Some folks arent familiar with primary donate, and you will need to explain it to them no matter what BC you are in.
I definitely agree. The primary issue is, uhh, primary donate, not what kind of BC you are wearing. In fact, the reg in my mouth -- my primary -- is the one with a yellow faceplate, to try and help just a little.

Thank you everyone for all the input! I feel much better about it now.
I haven’t gone through the whole thread so apologies if this was already mentioned but you may want to consider Miflex hoses if streamlining is a priority. Rubber hoses, while more durable, tend to bow out more as they have less flex. Hope this helps. All the best.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom