WANTED: Old Oceanic Datamax Pro for parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aklinz

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello. I am desperately seeking any old busted or flooded Oceanic Datamax Pro computers. (NOT Datamax Pro PLUS).
What I am looking for is the small plastic battery holder in these units. My 2 dive computers use the old J-Battery, which is no longer in production.
The Oceanic Datamax Pro has a plastic battery holder with two 3 volt button batteries that exactly duplicates a 6 volt J-Battery.
Anyone have a Datamax Pro they want to get rid of ?

Andrew Klinzmann

J'a are harder to find, but still made.
I was in similar situation with my AI Dacor Omni.
Every time I bought a J it was past mfg recommended use by date and didn't last long.
I made one just as mentioned above, but used a piece of an old plastic cutting board in stead of wood.
Still going strong a year later

Sent from my iPhone from my momma's basement

Hello DESRAT. I'm not that handy with tools.... Any chance you could make me two of these adapters ? I could pay you, say, $30 each !!
I really need these, as my wife is not interested in a new computer; we love our existing ones !
Andrew Klinzmann

In answer to an email I received from scubaboard: I traded in my Datamax for something like 30-40 % on a new Oceanic OCi wrist computer two years ago! In 2013 I couldn't find a Duracell "J" that wasn't expired or close!

Hello Andrew,

I am looking for Data max pro parts like you were. I particularly need the the Depth pressure sensor.
Any help you can give me would be great!

Thanks!
Nick

Back
Top Bottom