Wanted: LED dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do you have any pics of those? i looked at those lights and the c8 version. difference is longevity im assuming?

I will borrow a camera and take pictures of them.

The eLED head fits works with both the c4 and the c8 so I assume there is some brightness difference with the greater voltage and some time difference as well. Once you switch to LED lights you basically stop worrying about battery life anyway. I put rechargeable batteries in them and forget about the batteries for awhile. The C4's I have I tend to turn on leave at the beginning of night dives to mark the exit, and to have light to draw little stuff that is attracted to light.

The version of the C4's I am selling is not the latest version with the extended heat dissipator on the front (which frankly looks fragile). It is the older one with a plain front.

I just bought A UK SL3 and used it for a night dive last week and I am very happy with it. It has a great beam and was very easy to hande and very versitile. It was brighter than my buddies $150 Bigblue. With two pieces of bungee and some fisherman's knots you can mount it on your wrist for $2. It packs easy with 3c's. A+ for value.

Yeah yeah.

When the guy who lets you use his reg bench and tools to make emergency repairs asks for stuff, you give it to him. What can I say? Maybe you have a tank pumper you need to keep happy? I have a repair guy who gets whatever he asks for, if he asks for it. It's only the second time he ever asked for anything from me, and I am always asking for stuff from him. It's his job to sell stuff, but when he digs around for free stuff to help me out, how can I say no?

(I already offered him the lights. He can use the ones from rental so he doesn't need them.)

As promised:

ScubaBoard Gallery - 2 C4 eLEDs

Two eLED C4's with cut down handles, $65.00 shipped. I am going to go ahead and advertise them, but you get first dibs.

that would be perfect if it still had the handle, im not sure how i would that without thew handle on it? i understand i can grip around it, but with a light that big, im sure it cant be that comfortable

that would be perfect if it still had the handle, im not sure how i would that without the handle on it? i understand i can grip around it, but with a light that big, im sure it cant be that comfortable

I have no problems holding the light comfortably, wrapping the lower fingers around the snap, because the holster grip slides into between the thumb and first finger. The only reason I am selling them is I have to carry a bunch of light to hand out to customers, so I am switching to a smaller light.

I did cut down the first one and try it out before I cut down the second one. I also did that with a C8 and even though it was a heavier light is still worked fine.

Added pics to explain how holding a light with a cut down handle works:

ScubaBoard Gallery - c4_eLed_3

ScubaBoard Gallery - c4_eLed_2

appreciate the help with explaining that.

ive since been in contact with jjblomquist who a few divers on here reccomended as well, and hes got some smaller lights that are 1000 lumens and very decently priced. i think for now im going to go with those (as this is my first dive light) and it is smaller and handheld with the wrist strap.

i appreciate the help and good luck with the sale!

I just bought A UK SL3 and used it for a night dive last week and I am very happy with it. It has a great beam and was very easy to hande and very versitile. It was brighter than my buddies $150 Bigblue. With two pieces of bungee and some fisherman's knots you can mount it on your wrist for $2. It packs easy with 3c's. A+ for value.

I just sent mine back for warranty for the 2nd time. When I twist the bezel to turn it on it the light comes on, but when the bezel stops turning the light goes back out. So there is a very narrow spot when the light is actually on.

But I really like it as a backup at night and primary during the day, when it works......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom