Wanted: LED dive light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TTwizted13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey guys, im looking for my first LED dive light, not gunna be used at night, but for search in a local lake and its a little murky. want the best possible lighting. open to advice as in if the halogens are still as reliable. i used a smaller AA powered LED for night diving in the carribean, but those were clear as can be waters.

i was considering either the medium (c & d powered) halogens or the small AA LED's as my price range for this purchase isnt the highest.

open to any advice as im always willing to learn more!

thanks guys and gals!

I'm not sure what price range you are looking to buy a light, but you may want to go to diversdirect.com to look at some of their led lights.

i was looking to budget it to around 100$ or less. ive checked out divers direct and was looking at the UK SL3 eLED Dive Light or the Princeton Tec Travel Pack Dive Light Set but im just questioning the quality of the halogen lights after had using an LED light, granted i used the LED in the carribean in clear blue water..

was also looking at the princeton tec shockwave LED

Check out jjblomquist on scubaboard I bought one of his UKSL4 lights with the cree bulb and its awesome

Regards Richard

I agree about consulting jjblomquist. I have bought 4 lights from him and the lights are excellent at a great price. He recently sent me a UK SL6 with a CREE
T6 LED for evaluation. It is rated at 1,000 lumens and has a wide, flood type beam. It is much brighter than my stock C4 eLED. I'll post a comprehensive review after my upcoming Cozumel trip.

i was looking to budget it to around 100$ or less. ive checked out divers direct and was looking at the UK SL3 eLED Dive Light or the Princeton Tec Travel Pack Dive Light Set but im just questioning the quality of the halogen lights after had using an LED light, granted i used the LED in the carribean in clear blue water..

Don't buy anything but LED. It's not quality; its burn time and durability that makes LED the only choice. Before they sorted out the color quality of the LEDs, there was a reason to put up with halogen/xenon and the short battery life and the fact that dropping your light when it was on burned out the bulb. Now, there is no reason to use anything but LED.

I have two eLed UK c4's I will sell for $65.00 shipped (for both lights). I cut down the handles to make them fit better in pockets.

I have two eLed UK c4's I will sell for $65.00 shipped (for both lights). I cut down the handles to make them fit better in pockets.

do you have any pics of those? i looked at those lights and the c8 version. difference is longevity im assuming?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom