Wanted: Destination suggestions for extended diving & learning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If he stays at Buddy Dive then finding buddies will not be a problem. Generally in Bonaire, so many people are diving all over that buddying up is never an issue. You also get to choose your own difficulty level and your own pace. In Roatan, getting 5 dives a day will be hard and the sites chosen may not be the best training sites. If I was taking a group for pleasure diving I will always pick Roatan but if it was training then Bonaire. They are both good.

If he stays at Buddy Dive then finding buddies will not be a problem. Generally in Bonaire, so many people are diving all over that buddying up is never an issue. You also get to choose your own difficulty level and your own pace. In Roatan, getting 5 dives a day will be hard and the sites chosen may not be the best training sites. If I was taking a group for pleasure diving I will always pick Roatan but if it was training then Bonaire. They are both good.

I've done 5 dives a day out of West End more than I've cared to do. LOL
Often times I've been happy with 4 a day but a buddy will be wanting a night dive too. After a couple of weeks of almost non-stop diving, I do get a bit tired (not tired enough to stop though, lol)

Consider multi centre holiday the Canaries, Mediterranean and Red Sea in May. Water temp is good. prices are good and resorts are not too busy because it is just before exam time at school.
Red sea 7 night liveaboard is about 1,000 euro. 7 night hotel and 12 dive package about 700 euro. Flights are about £30 to £50 per 1000 miles. I have just paid £172 for 3,800 miles round trip with unlimited hand luggage weight and 23kg hold baggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom