Want to get my divemaster in the PI ...but where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with Matt to improve scuba skills, go to tech diving. You will learn a lot in terms of REAL scuba diving skills and mental knowledge as well.

Getting into UW Photog is also an option if your looking at learning something at the recreational level.

The only time you should be considering a DM course is if you want to work in the industry and you should take an instructor course after. If this is what you want my suggestion is take it with a resort that has busy operations and which the service you like. A lot of the things you will need to learn as a DM is spent in the diveshop talking to divers and taking them out diving. Divemastering is largely about developing interpersonal skills..

Kenny Kimchee:
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions so far. I'm a Yank not a Korean, so language concerns aren't an issue. I'm not doing it for professional reasons, either; I just want to improve my skills.

I'd vote for Malapascua and TSD. But I must agree with the other guys that get out there and dive a lot in different conditions. What will help is getting your weighting and buoyancy spot on. Nothing like floating upside down with your head above a bed of sea urchins for you to really focus on buoyancy.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom