Want to get my divemaster in the PI ...but where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hehehehhehe..... too many view

too many hands spoil the brew

go to THAILAND, apply for DM. PAY and you get DM !

that is if you STUDY and pass the exams hehehhehe

Babydamulag:
Get your DM in PG. Study. Do not go to a Korean owned or operated business. Study. Stay out of the bars. Study. Leave the girls alone. Study. Do not worry about the sights in the water because you won't have time to see them. Study. Get a quiet room. Study. Learn as much about the business as you can while you're there. Oh...and study.
erm... if you need to study that much, you should not be a DM..

Hi Kenny, try Scuba World. The office in Punta Engano, Mactan, Cebu is a 5-Star PADI-IDC. Plus Mactan is less than an hour to Cebu City, which has plenty of nightlife, shopping, etc.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions so far. I'm a Yank not a Korean, so language concerns aren't an issue. I'm not doing it for professional reasons, either; I just want to improve my skills.

Thanks again. Keep the comments coming!

Kenny

Kenny Kimchee:
Hi guys,

I'm a Yank not a Korean, so language concerns aren't an issue. I just want to improve my skills.
Kenny

Ah, a kimchee lovin' Yank... gotcha...

IMHO if you only wanna improve your skills, forget the DM-ship. Save your time and money. Just go find a good shop and go dive... 4-5x per day everyday... Do that for a week or two... Find a good shop and vary the locations so you get a taste for drift dives, wall dives, shore dives, nite dives, low viz, etc etc...

edit: other than the few skills you'll learn in the DM course, you're probably gonna end up as a dive monkey for the shop and spend most of your time coraling other guests...

I am sure i am doing mine in PG and IDC for all the same points that you are looking for!

Not 100% sure for IDC though. Come on Oct!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom