want to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sschlesi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm a new diver (15 dives to date) and live in Vancouver. I'm looking for people to dive with in the Vancouver area. I have already met a few people in the area through SB, and am hoping to meet some more.

I'm not working over the summer so I have the flexibility to dive almost any time. If you want to dive and need a buddy, or are just looking for someone new to dive with, let me know.

Scott S.

Hey Scott,

Welcome to SB! I just recently started local diving -- just got my drysuit cert yesterday in fact -- so maybe I'll see you around. :)

Annasea, dry suit is definitely the way to go. I have never dove locally without one. I'm available to dive almost every day, so if your looking to get wet (or stay dry :D ) just drop me a line.

Scott S.

sschlesi, every Thursday night I dive with a couple of others. We meet at the Edge dive shop in North Van at 6pm and then decided where we want to go. There is 3-4 of us that get out regualy. Feel free to come and join us.

FYI, this is NOT a shop dive

TheWetRookie,

Thanks for the invite. Does this dive typically end up as a night dive at this time of year? I have not done a night dive yet, and think I should get a couple of night dives under my belt prior to doing so with divers I don't know.

If the dives are happening in the daylight, then I expect to come out in the next week or two.

Scott S.

Now that you mention it, it was dark when we got out, I did not think about that. I do a lot of night diving so it did not cross my mind.

Of course just get yourself a good light and you are all set. It is up to you. Funny thing was, my first dive out of OW was a night dive...lol

The fosflorecance (spelling) in the water was awesome Thurs night, did a second dive when it was definately dark and we turned out our lights and man, what a show.

unlikelyfish:
I'm a new local diver too. Unfortunately I do work so can only dive on weekends.

The Edge dive shop in North Van has a shop dive on Sunday 9 AM

Ocean Quest in Burnaby has a shop dive on Sat 10 AM

Both shops give 1 free air when you do the shop dives

I don't know about other shops though. Hopefully this helps you out.

Back
Top Bottom