Want to buy my first air cylinder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i appreciate everyone responding. I came to an understanding that scuba cylinders are heavy and the weight of steel cylinders for achieving buoyancy is the same as AL cylinders but with more lead weights in the BCD.
A diver is essentially working with the same of weight.

i appreciate everyone responding. I came to an understanding that scuba cylinders are heavy and the weight of steel cylinders for achieving buoyancy is the same as AL cylinders but with more lead weights in the BCD.
A diver is essentially working with the same of weight.

Sounds like your issue is handling the tanks on land, correct? Carrying them?

I use 80s, 72s, LP75.5s, LP 85s, and LP 95s for single tank. Out of all of them the LP85s are my favorite. I don't even have to remove the bottom sidemount clamp and leash from them. Great buoyancy characteristics, right length, and with so many people going to HP tanks, more than a few places with new people on the fill whip have looked at them and said we can only fill them to 3000 because we are busy today. FINE! You've just made them 95s!
Not as good as the 3200-3400 I usually fill them to, but acceptable.
I had HP 80s and sold all but one. I only use it in the pool because I can cool fill it to 3400-3500. Most quarries hot fill to that (if that) and then they end up cooling to 3200-3300, Usually close to 3200.
LP85s are great all round cylinders for singles, doubles, and sidemount.
For deeper single tank dives I use the 95s with what we call wreck fills up here. Or cave fills in Florida. 3400-3500 and sling a 40 of 50% deco gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom