want to buy a housing and strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't wast your money one that strobe i would recommend looking and ether the sea and sea ys- 90 or ys-110 you i have seen the ys- 110 go for between 400 and 500$ and the ys-90 go for around 300 to 400 ether of these strobe will be much better that the one that you are looking at. in the case of most under water equipment you get what you pay for.

I'd recommend the Inon D2000/D2000s

I love mine...

Though, the strobe you are looking at may suit your needs. Some of us are butten by the camera bug harder than others...

Z...

This strobe is underpowered and has no where near the control level you really need, it's cheap but you get what you pay for. It's better than nothing I suspose but IMO you would be much better off saving your pennies until you can get a better strobe. I personally like the Inons, small with plenty of control and power. In the mean time, learn to use the controls on your camera. Most P&S cameras do a pretty good job of macro with the internal flash.

It all depends on what you're doing with it.

The NanoFlash is a small strobe with a GN of around 12. It does have 3 power settings and 3 filters to allow for control. It works fine in clearer water for macro and close-in fish shots. I've sold a lot of them and people seem satisfied with them at the price-point.

The Inon strobes are great, I shoot 2x 240z myself. But there is a big price difference. Especially when you consider arms and trays, etc.

Here's a shot taken with a CoolPix P4 and NanoFlash in cold, but clear conditions at the Seattle Aquarium. Nothing has been done to the shot except an "auto levels".

421556629_8775425f00.jpg

You pays your money and you takes your choice...

Jack

Back
Top Bottom