wanna dive with sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Is there any place in the world where you can dive with sharks unprotected? I checked out those cage diving charters and thats really cool but a lot of places let you feed sharks out of the cage also right? or wrong?

Go to Morehead City North Carolina and dive the Papoose. I'm a bit biased but I'd do it with Olympus Diving, call and let them explain the details 252-726-9432. You'll love this dive. This is a natural environment and you don't feed the sharks, you just swim with them.

Probably depends on what type of sharks you are talking about. When I was in French Polynesia we were mobbed by sharks all the time, mostly black tips, white tips, grey and lemon sharks. You can dive some of the wrecks off of North Carolina and see sand Tigers up close. I don't think I would want to be hand feeding Great Whites, Makos or Tigers without a cage though.

SeaHound:
Is there any place in the world where you can dive with sharks unprotected? I checked out those cage diving charters and thats really cool but a lot of places let you feed sharks out of the cage also right? or wrong?

North Carolina sounds cool but I live in Pakistan and thats the other end of the world for me. Africa, Middle East or Far East sounds more "economical" from where I am. These sharks that you named Tobago, are they aggressive?

I would also recommend the Galapagos and Cocos Island to dive with the sharks, and I hear that Yap and Paulu are great.

The lemons are in Jupiter, Florida right now.

Blackbeards has a fabulous shark dive.

South Africa calls the sandtigers, raggies. You can find a few operators to take you to see them. Dive the Big 5 will. I would recommend this dive for everyone. Sand tigers are a must see. And we dive with Olympus in NC every year, they are great. Our club trip this year is with over 20 of us going...And no they are not aggressive, just respect their space.

cheers,
Eli

SeaHound:

Check out "The Shark Watcher's Handbook" by Mark Carwardine and Ken Watterson (ISBN 0-691-09637-6). It lists places in the world with the kinds of sharks you're likely to see there, the likelihood you are to see them, when to see them, the dive centers with contact info, and whether or not there's cages and/or feeding involved. It also gives a list of a bunch of kinds of sharks and where you're likely to see them (with the same kinds of information in the other section).

I'm not involved with the organization, just a happy consumer.

Go to the Bahamas and do a shark dive with Stuart Cove..they have a really good dive with Caribbean sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom