Wales/Swansea area diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

narnars

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to be up that way in October. Interested in some must see sites, tech or rec (or wreck)

Pembrokeshire is well known for diving if you are able to get out to the West Coast of Wales. Lots of wrecks and beautiful marine life. It is hard to find a charter however.

I haven't dived with them yet, but I have been recommended to try:

Let me know how you get on and where you end up diving.

Thanks. I'll take a look. Also poking around at cave options, but it seems SWCC is closed until late October when I'll probably be gone/busy.

I haven't dived any caves in the UK since I got cave certified. I assumed most of them involved dry caving to get to. Do you know what there is in the Wales area for cave diving?

I haven't dived any caves in the UK since I got cave certified. I assumed most of them involved dry caving to get to. Do you know what there is in the Wales area for cave diving?
In case you don't already know, UK caves (in terms of diving) are probably nothing like the caves you trained or have dived in (assuming that is you trained somewhere like the Lot in France, Mexico, Florida or the like). Mines are probably more similar (in terms of good vis) and there are definitely good mines for diving in north(ish) Wales. Permanent lines tend to around 6mm thick and pegs can be a better choice for markers than 'normal' cookies or rems - if only to get them to fit on the line.

Suggest you google the Cave Diving Group (CDG) or get in touch with UK Mine/Cave Diving and Exploration – Connecting Mine & Cave divers throughout the UK if you'd like to dive those kinds of places.

Yup, they're more the muddy dirty blind messes I was expecting, but if it's easier logistically to hit up a mine that might be the way to go. If I was living iin the area I'd probably try to settle down more and find a local club etc. Thanks for the link!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom