Hello from Swansea, South Wales, UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all i live down swansea, in the UK. I dive all round the UK, love getting in the water.

I am a twinset diver (inverted) as safer for me as i can get to my valves. Im not a tec diver though, just enjoy rec limits. I went twinset for redundancy as i do solo dive now and again also.

Been seeing posts from here for a while so finally bit the vullet and joined.

Glad to know that you are an independent thinker and that you focus on safety!

Now, given that you live in Swansea, I would like to introduce you to an exciting hobby and a great community that would make your diving really exciting (after a number or courses though): SWCC. If you'd choose to join, then send greetings from Finland :wink:

Oh yes, diving in a cave is safe as the ceiling stops any unwanted ascents. There may be some other problems, though.

Hi and thanks for the link, i will ho and take a look now. Cave diving is something thats interested me.

Hi and thanks for the link, i will ho and take a look now. Cave diving is something thats interested me.
If you want to become a (sidemount) cave diver (in Wales) then you should hold a rescue diver certification or better and have done at least 100 dives and then you should contact Martyn Farr at farrworld.co.uk This path would probably lead to CDG (The Cave Diving Group) membership. An alternative, though, would be "continental style" cave diving with backmount doubles. That type of cave diving won't take place in wales, though.

Brill thank you, perhaps something in the future to think about as im often thinking about setting up a sidemount set up to have in addition to my twins

Brill thank you, perhaps something in the future to think about as im often thinking about setting up a sidemount set up to have in addition to my twins
Sidemount is great once you get it set up properly. A flexible back and easy access to valves (like you have with your inverted set) are some of its benefits. It will also make you flat, but it also mandates proper gas management procedures. I am a sidemount diver and I love it.

Back
Top Bottom