Wakatobi, Woooohooo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are pros and cons to all destinantions.
One barometer is how long the staff stay there, Wakatobi has an amazingly high turnover rate. For example, that Grand bungalow was constructed the the Scandanavian chef for his personal residence. Lorenz sacked him and stole the cottage to turn into a rental.

Still can't recommend Wakatobi when there are far better places to dive.

RSdiver:
There are pros and cons to all destinantions.

Yep - I love this hair splitting between sites which seems to be a feature on the asia forum:

Is Sipadan better than Manado?
Is Manado better than Lembeh?
Is Lembeh better than Tumbalen?
Is Tumbalen better than Lombok?
Is Lombok better than Koh Tao?
Is Koh Tao better than Phi Phi?
Is Phi Phi better than Similan?
Is Similan beter than Sipadan?
Is Sipadan better than Manado?

Repeat loop ad nasuem....

All dives are good. All dive sites vary over time. Just get out there and dive them all.

Cheers,
Rohan.

RSdiver and Quero, Have either of you been to East Timor?....I was just in Timor and I am not into small stuff...but this was some of the best diving small stuff I have ever seen....I trying to find a comparison between Wakatobi....I have met people who have been to Northern Sulawesi and have done the Komodo dancer and they thought East Timore was the best.

Travelnsj:
RSdiver and Quero, Have either of you been to East Timor?....I was just in Timor and I am not into small stuff...but this was some of the best diving small stuff I have ever seen....I trying to find a comparison between Wakatobi....I have met people who have been to Northern Sulawesi and have done the Komodo dancer and they thought East Timore was the best.

Unfortunately, no. I was contemplating working it into my schedule, but then the political problems there started up again and I got busy with other stuff and haven't thought about it since.

Quero:
Unfortunately, no. I was contemplating working it into my schedule, but then the political problems there started up again and I got busy with other stuff and haven't thought about it since.

The political problems they have there...is moot....I never saw anything....just great diving....I am a Palau diver....but after Timor...WOW....my trip report is in this forum on another thread...GO I want to hear the differance between Wakatobi:)

Were also going in October.... arriving in Wakatobi on the 13 for 11 nights....Will we meet you there?
Phil & Patricia Tobin
Portland Oregon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom