Wakatobi water temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was there in October of 2013. You are going to love it for so many reasons!

Wakatobi has the most dynamic conditions I have ever dove in. We would hit currents where I was chilly in a 5-mil, then another where it felt like a hot tub. Current direction could also do a complete 180 during the course of a dive.

Could you tell us pleas about plastic seeing ? It's pretty unusual there and we report it to National Park Office to take action when it occurs.
Infos like Dive site,depth, date and time would be amazing.
I just frequently saw bits of plastic and such floating around here and there. It's not nearly as bad as Mabul or anything.

When you go, they will take you to the local village and you will see how the locals just throw trash on the ground and how it collects in the channels, which of course wash right into the ocean whenever there might be heavy flow due to rains or whatever. I mean, those people are doing what they can just to get by. It would be kind of silly to expect them to pay for trash collection.

I am actually living there ^^
Since have changed since 2013, there is trashbin almost everywhere in main towns and trash is actually collected.
Lot has been done in term of educaiton and it is still far from perfect but i thhink it's on the good path :)

FYI - I just got back from (4/2019) and the water temps at depth were between 84 and 86 for two weeks. I used my 3 mill shorties for just about every dive. Side note, the amount of plastic in the water and deep was horrible.
FWIW, I’m here now and this is accurate. Every dive has been between 84-85 on my dive computer and 82 on my datalogger (which usually reads a more accurate temp than the dive computers).

Back
Top Bottom