Wakatobi vs Bangka? Murex vs Bastianos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
A

amgscuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
OK, new to this board other than as a reader. Much appreciate all the great help here. Question 1: Wakatobi vs Bangka? Please discuss. RA just too hard for me to get to given where I need to be afterward. Question 2: If Bangka, then what's your choice: Bastianos or Murex? This will be next February. Not interested in muck diving. Reasonably experienced diver but not recently. Completed reAvtivate in Dec, and am working on AOW at the moment. Thank you.

We are going in end November this year - what were the conditions like when you were there? We are snorkellers mainly...doing Murex Manado and Murex Bangka
We had really great weather. Seas were calm, though afternoon visibility was variable. We had maybe two days of rain over 10 days, and even that was an hour or two. We had some snorkelers in our group and they said that snorkeling at Bunaken (from Murex Manado) was some of the best they had done.

I'm heading to Murex Bangka soon and have booked one of their newly completed Premium Oceanfront Cottages.
I had one of their hillside cottages two years ago when they were using Bangka as a quarantine island just before Indonesia opened up after COVID.

The only downside was the lack of light going back to the room at night, don't forget your dive torch.

I had one of their hillside cottages two years ago when they were using Bangka as a quarantine island just before Indonesia opened up after COVID.

The only downside was the lack of light going back to the room at night, don't forget your dive torch.
Thanks for the advice :thanks:.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom